How We Can Help
One of Hillard Heintze’s core competencies is helping employers create safer, more secure workplaces by educating and informing their employees – at multiple levels through training courses and curriculums like the ones below. In fact, in September 2018, the head of Hillard Heintze’s Threat + Violence Risk Management practice accepted an Outstanding Security Performance Award (OSPA) for Training Initiative.
Workplace Violence Prevention Training – General Workforce
- Stresses the importance of “see something, say something” and the collective responsibility of the entire workforce in preventing workplace violence.
- Also explains what to look for and how to report concerning behaviors and situations.
Workplace Violence Prevention Training – Managers
- Instructs managers and supervisors on their critical role in identifying and responding appropriately to disturbing, disruptive or threatening behavior.
- Also trains participants on how to recognize the warning signs of potentially violent behavior.
Behavioral Threat Assessment Training Fundamentals – Threat Assessment Team Members
- Focuses on the four critical functions of behavioral threat assessment training: (1) identification of those who may pose a threat; (2) investigation of these individuals using multiple sources of information; (3) objective assessment of the facts gathered to determine whether the threat may be valid; and (4) management of individuals who are assessed as possibly posing a risk.
- Explores how to share information among members of the Threat Assessment Team and other resources while complying with the regulatory limits of privacy and information sharing.
- Increases team members’ ability to conduct threat assessment interviews, including exploration of the key questions that need to be answered.
Specialized Training through Interactive Behavioral Simulations® – Threat Assessment Team Members
- Innovative and high-impact behavioral threat assessment training methodology that has been used to train thousands of federal agency personnel in the homeland security, law enforcement and intelligence communities for many years.
- These powerful exercises allow threat assessment team participants to explore simulated real-world situations while practicing new communication skills and strategies in a high-performance and safe learning environment.
Active Shooter Awareness and Response Training
- Course is based on a high-level needs assessment and gap analysis of your existing plans to identify strengths and weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Pre-course evaluation addresses active shooter response, emergency management, workplace violence prevention, threat assessment operations and capabilities.
- Empowers employees to think through their actions and use strengths and skills to step up to the demands of making life-saving decisions in what may only be minutes or even seconds.
- Helps to transform planned protocols into instinctual, life-saving human responses.
- Creates stronger alignment of active shooter planning with an emergency management plan.
- Improves a company’s overall readiness and resiliency in addressing the risks of targeted violence.