- Service Snapshot
How We Can Help
Understanding the gaps in your organization’s physical and technical security is a critical first step in prevention-focused security risk management. As part of Hillard Heintze’s comprehensive security assessment service, our team of experts analyzes the risks, threats and vulnerabilities that confront organizations and challenge core security programs. We help organizations improve security and safety, capture program efficiencies and develop successful strategies for managing risk while controlling operational costs. Expand the sections below to learn more about our specialized security assessment services.
Security Operations and Program Assessments
- Objective and independent security assessment of existing security program capabilities, resources and priorities conducted at the organizational, geographic, divisional or facility level.
- Evaluation of the security program’s overall readiness to advance the safety and security of your organization’s people, property, performance and brand.
- Provides a clearer understanding of how to control security-related costs without increasing risk.
- Scope includes strategy, structure and funding; organization, staffing and training; policies and core processes; physical and technical security; and the integration and effectiveness of technologies related to security risk.
Physical and Technical Security Assessments
- Independent assessment of security gaps for one or several facilities including multi-tenant Class-A office buildings, corporate headquarters or integrated complexes, mixed-use properties, multi-unit residences, retail and shopping centers, event halls, embassies, data centers and critical infrastructure sites.
- Strategic scope includes factors such as risk, threat and vulnerability profile; geography and local environment; criticality of operations; sensitivity of information used, stored or generated; size of facility and number of personnel; regulatory mandates and internal risk criteria.
- Tactical scope includes factors such as perimeter alarm systems; access control systems; closed-circuit television coverage; intrusion detection systems; fire and life safety systems; emergency plans; mail and package delivery; and backup power availability and adequacy.
Risk, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Detailed and rigorous review of a wide range of natural, accidental and human threats.
- Analysis of risks, threats and vulnerabilities, and the implications and consequences these present to current capabilities and operations.
- Focus includes impacts on strategic security, crisis management, continuity of operations, communications, physical and technical security, emergency preparedness and workforce protection.
Extended Perimeter Security Assessments
- Advance planning and development of tactical survey reports designed to help law enforcement tactical teams meet their jurisdictional responsibilities with technical assistance, training and instruction on advance planning, including use of site photographs, maps and threat assessment analysis.
- Development and integration of elements such as photographic/grid overlay, building surveys, geographical maps, numerical designation for each building’s distance to threat area, tactical 12:00 establishment and facilitation of counter-sniper response.
- Deployment of counter-sniper assets or training of law enforcement tactical teams on topics such as determining the required numbers of observation teams to secure and protect sporting and entertainment venues; positioning the teams for long-range threat mitigation at distances of 1,000 yards; using response teams and coordinating tactical cohesion; establishing a superior vantage point and optimum observation platform; as well as establishing the most appropriate angles, cover and shooting positions for countering long-range threats.