How We Can Help
Hillard Heintze specializes in conducting systematic and uniquely tailored assessments of the risks, threats and vulnerabilities that confront organizations as well as their core security programs – across operations, resources, priorities and assets. We help organizations improve security and safety, capture program efficiencies and develop successful strategies for controlling operational costs without assuming untenable levels of risk.
Security Operations and Program Assessments
- Objective and independent security assessment of existing security program capabilities, resources and priorities.
- Can be conducted at the organizational, geographic, divisional or facility level.
- Careful evaluation of all safety and security program drivers.
- Scope includes strategy, structure and funding; organization, staffing and training; policies and core processes; physical and technical security; and the integration and effectiveness of technologies related to security risk.
Facility Physical and Technical Security Assessments
- Independent assessment of security confronting one or several facilities such as multi-tenant Class-A office buildings, corporate headquarters or integrated complexes, malls and shopping centers, event halls, embassies, data centers and critical infrastructure sites.
- Strategic scope includes factors such as risk, threat and vulnerability profile; geography and local environment; criticality of operations; sensitivity of information used, stored or generated; size of facility and number of personnel; regulatory mandates and internal risk criteria.
- Tactical scope includes factors such as perimeter alarm systems; access control systems; closed-circuit television coverage; intrusion detection systems; fire and life safety systems; emergency plans; mail and package delivery; and backup power availability and adequacy.
Risk, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Detailed and rigorous review of a wide range of natural, accidental and human threats.
- Analysis of risks, threats and vulnerabilities, and the implications and consequences these present to current capabilities and operations.
- Focus includes impacts on strategic security, crisis management, continuity of operations, communications, physical and technical security, emergency preparedness and workforce protection.
Extended Perimeter Security Assessments
- Advance planning and development of tactical survey reports designed to help law enforcement tactical teams meet their jurisdictional responsibilities with technical assistance, training and instruction on advance planning, including use of site photographs, maps and threat assessment analysis.
- Development and integration of elements such as photographic/grid overlay, building surveys, geographical maps, numerical designation for each building’s distance to threat area, tactical 12:00 establishment and facilitation of counter-sniper response.
- Deployment of counter-sniper assets or training of law enforcement tactical teams on topics such as determining the required numbers of observation teams to secure and protect sporting and entertainment venues; positioning the teams for long-range threat mitigation at distances of 1,000 yards; using response teams and coordinating tactical cohesion; establishing a superior vantage point and optimum observation platform; as well as establishing the most appropriate angles, cover and shooting positions for countering long-range threats.