Client’s Challenge: A Major U.S. Sports Association Acknowledges Its Risks

Today – not just here in the United States but in large-event venues across communities, cities and countries around the world – bringing 70,000 people together in one place, for just a few hours, carries with it a new and increasingly complex responsibility, one that can be measured in millions of dollars and in human lives.

Responsible for two separate stadiums and other assets, a state agency selected Hillard Heintze, after conducting a competitive bidding process, to conduct a comprehensive security threat and vulnerability assessment of its critical infrastructure and key resources (CIKR).

Our Solution: Multiple Stadium Assessments in Most U.S. States

The scope of the assessment included an evaluation of the following: (a) security force structure, including a review of post orders, training and distribution of officers; (b) physical protection, including perimeter and buffer zone protection; (c) access control, including personnel and material; (d) electronic security and CCTV system; and (e) a general assessment of security vulnerabilities and weaknesses at the facilities.

Impact on the Client: A New Baseline for Improving Security Outcomes Over Time

Hillard Heintze provided the state agency – along with its oversight board, management team, operations personnel and security chief – with a robust set of observations and recommendations on seven key security domains and nearly 50 specific capabilities.

Today, the agency is in the process of systematically implementing a multi-year plan to eliminate or mitigate these exposures and advance a best practice-based platform for preventing incidents with the potential to harm fans, athletes and players, employees and third-party providers, agency facilities and infrastructure, and both tangible business assets (revenue) and intangible ones (goodwill, reputation and brand integrity).

Unplugged: The Project Manager's Post-Engagement Perspective

“Many people think that establishing security programs on solid, well-built platforms of excellence is principally a matter of knowing – really understanding – best practices and applying them.

That might be true except that most large organizations have multiple stakeholders, a host of critical assets and often inconsistent  viewpoints among key managers about what constitutes the most effective security at an appropriate level of risk.

So, in effect, building real excellence is just as importantly about listening, understanding the client’s business at a very detailed level, pointing out equally valid options and letting the client drive progress down the decision path.  And – in many cases – it’s also about being able to not just articulate why 5% of the practices are so key but also passionately and convincingly be ready to explain precisely why the other 95% are not!”

Related Case Studies
View All
Gain the insight, assurance and confidence you need to help you protect what matters.
Contact us today and one of our seasoned experts will return your inquiry within 24 business hours.

Contact