Executive Protection and Protective Operations
How Our Executive Protection Services Can Help
Hillard Heintze helps clients develop and manage executive protection programs and protective operations by embracing the best practices, research and methodologies employed at the highest levels of the U.S. agencies charged with protecting the President and other world leaders. We do so through the following executive protection security services:
IRS Title 26 Independent Security Study
- Assessment of a company’s executive protection security capabilities in a manner tailored to fulfill IRS statutory requirements.
- Focus on validating employer-provided transportation for security concerns, business-oriented security concerns and overall security programs as set forth in Title 26, Code of Federal Regulations, Treasury Regulation Section 1.132-5.
- Comprehensive, intensive assessment of all facts and circumstances relating to the safety and security of employer-provided transportation and security programs.
- Includes guidance on integrating the critical issues, challenges and best practices fundamental to maintaining a full-service program.
Executive Protection Program Assessment and Development
- Analysis of the risks, threats and vulnerabilities related to the personal security of protected executives, their family and their staff as well as existing resources and capabilities.
- Includes evaluation of the workplace; primary residence and common travel patterns; and the most attractive opportunities to improve program effectiveness and capture cost efficiencies immediately and over time.
- Can be tailored to fulfill IRS statutory requirements related to validating employer-provided transportation for security concerns, business-oriented security concerns and overall security programs as set forth in Title 26, Code of Federal Regulations, Treasury Regulation Section 1.132-5 [CITE: 26CFR1.132-5].
- The Hillard Heintze team provides guidance on integrating the critical issues, challenges and best practices fundamental to establishing a full-service program including creation or validation of executive protection policy manuals and job descriptions.
- This can also include executive searches for candidates to lead executive protection programs; or development of strategies to right-size investments in executive protection capabilities.
Residential Security Assessments
- Evaluation of protection-related issues for a select senior executive’s primary residence, work and travel circumstances, vehicles and lifestyle.
- Focus includes residential compound or location; transportation modes and routes; travel requirements; international and domestic venues visited and existing support capabilities.
- Recommendations address any need for risk management strategies and technical capabilities, such as alarms, closed-circuit television, protective fencing and lighting or similar methods of controlling access to the residence.
Operations and Supply Chain Protection
- Access to experienced, senior-level experts available to address all protective services priorities.
- Direct support to organizations with significant physical security-related risks associated with operational and supply chain assets, infrastructure and systems, especially those that extend across local, state, national or international boundaries.
- Delivery of integrated vulnerability and threat assessment services, project risk mitigation services, enterprise risk management services, security personnel and staffing and provision of security-related material and equipment.
Special Event Security
- Assessment of the risks, gaps and opportunities that affect executive security at your event. Can include ancillary venues, (e.g., hotel or airport) or event-related assets and business activities of the host organization or country.
- Development of effective event security plan – at the program or event level. Focus areas can include security policies, procedures and protocols; security staffing and personnel; and technical and physical security (e.g., access control, monitoring, detection, screening and filtering all personnel, assets, services, vehicles and equipment seeking entry).
- Other strategic areas can include credentialing, background screening, education and awareness, information sharing, intelligence gathering, liaison and risk management.
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM)
- Technical or electronic surveillance countermeasure sweep of boardrooms, management offices, executive residences, off-site conference rooms, airplanes or vehicles.
- Typically focuses on all walls, devices, ceiling panels, desks and compartments including wall switches and any area deemed a possible intrusion location.
Travel Risk Management
- Destination briefs and country-specific risk, threat and vulnerability assessments and written intelligence briefs to support pre-travel planning and mid-trip itinerary changes. Up-to-date information on security, safety and emergency response planning.
- Transportation logistics and identification of reliable drivers or security if necessary; hotels and vendors examined for difficulties; notifications and security protocols addressed. Serve as representative to security contacts and liaison to U.S. embassies, international, federal, state and local security, law enforcement and emergency preparedness authorities.
- Global response and emergency communications when a crisis confronts an executive anywhere in the world. Rapid ability to leverage and mobilize layered strategies, critical resources and key relationships on a national or international scale to hasten and coordinate rescue, recovery and return.
- Traveling with a protectee on a business or personal trip overseas; coordination of air travel and ground transportation; site advances and nearby hospital surveys; and collection of protective intelligence.
Corporate Risk Monitoring
- Scanning of social media platforms, public websites, online discussions, message boards and other public forums to uncover issues affecting your organization.
- Robust review of social media platforms to provide a representational picture of information viewable by the public and media that could adversely affect the security or your personnel and your other interests.
- A specifically designed suite of state-of-the-art monitoring tools, such as LifeRaft, Meltwater, Babel X and Dunami, among others.
- Situational awareness and actionable intelligence through monitoring of keywords and social media accounts. Social network mapping for targeted analysis of trending issues by influencer.
- Alerts and immediate feedback for threats or other key issues.
- Tracking of key people, places and things from social networks in more than 200 languages and analysis enhanced by the experience to know when only manual information-gathering techniques will get to the heart of the matter.