How We Can Help
In the lifecycle of every major project – once the scope, function and parameters of the vision have been translated into more concrete form – the architectural and engineering team confronts an increasingly time-sensitive need to identify the vendors best suited to support the initiative. That’s a challenge if the team doesn’t have resources who are both experienced and also immediately available to drive this process efficiently.
Identification of Security Design Requirements
- Consultation – either directly with property managers, end users and clients or with architectural, engineering and construction teams – to understand core project objectives, constraints and requirements and determine their implication for security design.
- Evaluation of key site planning, design and layout plans as well as key physical, technical and operational security domains.
Integration into an Architectural Package
- Creation of a comprehensive security system design, including plan drawings, details and connectivity diagrams that match the architect’s submittal package.
- Creation of technical specifications for the security components of a project.
- Coordination with design team members for interdependency requirements, such as HVAC, electrical, civil, mechanical, door hardware, telecommunications and others, as required.
- Balancing an architectural aesthetic vision with less obtrusive security requirements.
Creation and Publication of Request for Proposal (RFP) Package
- Development of a comprehensive RFP in coordination with your various legal, compliance and facility management teams.
- Recommendations on RFP publication channels and tactics.
- Preparation of RFP response instructions and release to responders.
Evaluation of RFP Responses and Negotiation Support
- Analysis of responses and evaluation compared to RFP instructions provided.
- Guidance and counsel on short-listed vendors, integrators and installers to determine which is best-suited to partner and support your architectural, engineering and construction objectives.
- Assistance in negotiating final terms and contract with designated vendors, integrators and installers – – especially since these providers often have a vested interest in performing high quality work when we are involved in order to earn our trust and gain future work opportunities.