Background Investigation Services
How We Can Help
The Hillard Heintze team can conduct open or discreet research into public records to verify disclosures made by these individuals. We can help you uncover any discrepancies that may disqualify them from serving in a sensitive position of trust and influence for you and for your family through the following services.
Background Investigation of Key Insiders
- An intensive or a limited-scope review develops insight into and information about a key insider — from private residence staff to professional advisors or other individuals related to the family’s assets or reputation.
- Pre-investment due diligence of potential business opportunities and the principals involved
- Review focuses on subject’s personal and professional life to identify any potential areas of concern or “red flag” issues that would disqualify him or her from working with the family and its assets or interests.
- An examination of numerous sources, including criminal records; sex offender registries and other major watch lists; civil litigation records; bankruptcy filings or other indicators of financial trouble; liens, judgments and uniform commercial code filings; and verification of degrees and professional licenses.
- Canvass of social networking sites, blogs, websites and the internet to uncover any adverse information as well as local and national media reports to identify any potentially negative or concerning press.
Proactive Due Diligence on Principal and Family Members
- A robust review of social media platforms to provide a complete, representational picture of information viewable by the public and the media.
- A reputational review that examines potential business partners, or clients themselves, to uncover information of concern or negative perceptions and commentary.
Targeted Reputational Profiling Review
- Discreet interviews with former employers, customers, competitors, suppliers, journalists, industry insiders, colleagues or relatives to determine a subject’s personal and professional background, reputation within the industry and political connections.
- Review of the subject’s professional track record, conflicting perceptions of the subject and potentially concerning or negative information.